Alvin Ballard can completely transform your home through the installation of premium, quality siding, soffit, fascia, trim and designer accents. We also install vinyl siding, shakes, custom-formed aluminum trim and designer accents including shutters, gable vents, window and door surrounds, as well as decorative moldings.
Alvin Ballard also offers several styles and sizes, and a broad spectrum of colors to choose from.
Replacing the siding on your home is not a simple process. It can even involve the complete removal of the existing exterior covering. There are also specific handling and installation techniques and tools required to get the job done right and avoid problems in the future. For all these reasons, a siding project is typically not a do-it-yourself project. It should be reserved for siding contractors that are experienced in siding installation and equipped with the proper tools.
With the above in mind, there are many key items that a qualified contractor should know and cover in their proposal to you. Here are a few of the key items that should be assessed before starting any new siding project:
- Is the contractor trained and experienced in installing siding?
- It’s important that the contractor install the siding per the manufacturer’s written specifications or you risk voiding the warranty on the product itself.
- Will the existing exterior surface need to be removed? Once removed, will the current exterior be disposed of properly by the contractor?
- If found, how will rotted or damaged sheathing and/or framing members be addressed?
- Will a moisture barrier be installed before the siding? Will window and door flashings be installed or replaced?
- How will existing light fixtures, power outlets, phone boxes and lines be addressed? How will other key transition areas be addressed (decks, power and gas meters, etc.)?
- What products will be used for inside and outside corners or will they be replaced at all?